Best packers and movers in Hamirpur Charges & Reviews
Get and compare quotes in 10 mins!!
Quotes from 4 verified Packers and Movers only.
Filling of this form takes less than 30 seconds.
Things you need to be careful about while on the move
Everyone who is planning to move soon should read this article to learn about the basics and agreements of hiring and paying movers.
Your packers and movers in Hamirpur will provide you with a agreement that shows information about your rights and responsibilities for moving household items. They will also offer you the information about the procedures on getting your questions and concerns solved.
1. Evaluate your quote- Customers should inspect the tariffs that lead your delivery. The agreement between you and the service provider should be inspected carefully and collect a copy of quote containing mover’s rules charges and terms to perform your shipment.
2. Movers should provide the estimates when asked. They may charge you for offering a specific quote. After you receive the quote, you do not need to pay more than the specific amount. But if you have asked the movers to offer more services than cost may increase. You should get the agreement in written form and always keep the copy with you.
3. Movers need to prepare a service order on each delivery made for a customer. You are included for the copy of order when it is ready. It is not an agreement. If in case you decide to not to use mover’s service, you should immediately cancel the order.
4. Inventory- When your driver loads your items in the truck, driver needs to make an inventory list stating the condition of every item. If he doesn’t do it, you should do it. Once the list is made, driver will often sign every page, before getting the list signed you should ensure that the list contains every item of your shipment and the information about condition of every item is correct. After the delivery of items, if anything is lost or damaged, you can get it recovered from the mover without any charge. The drive will also give you a copy of inventory list. After the shipment reaches at your destination, you should check the items and if any damage occurs, note it. Notify the driver about the damage.
5. Movers often have a nominal weight charge for the delivery of your items. If your inventory seems to be of lower weight than the mover’s minimum weight, the mover suggests you to ask for the service of the minimum cost before transporting the shipment.
6. Get in written from your mover for the pickup and delivery date of your items. After you decide the date to move, discuss it with your mover to confirm the date and time. It is mover’s responsibility to tell you if they are available on the desired date and time and on what other dates, they are available. You can also change your moving plans, if the desired date is not available. Do not choose to pickup and delivery of your items as soon as feasible.
Hence, by keeping the above terms clear with your packers and movers, you can have a peaceful shipment of your items.